Believe it or not despite not having the responsibility of a work hour or schedule over the last month I would not say for a moment that I have been free of work. I even chuckled to myself one day when asked 'what are you doing then if you are no longer at the Daycare?' as if I would have nothing to be doing! My laugh did not come from their questioning but my thought of retired couples who I've spoken with my Mom with over the years who say they're busier retired then they were quote 'working' :) That's been my very feeling..
Within the work I have been most recently amid, a much different sort of 'research' has been taking place. Sorts of relationships that stimulate questions, ones deeper than what can just be walked away from & called good
Sounds like I'm back in school! PLEASE NO!
Lifelong learner, CHECK YES!
Election 2012 drove home in me the need to understand & contemplate not only WHAT a person stands for but WHO one stands for. Having an American presidential candidate running who associates himself with the Mormon faith gave my Northern Irish missionary sister & I all the more reason to begin tackling another Religion, one less studied by us. So often I hear it related to having more than one wife. However let us not be ignorant! Many sects have even banned that right from its practice. PLEASE LOOK DEEPER FOR YOURSELF. I am more than willing to learn right along with you
As I've just been munching A LITTLE within the thinking of a Mormon, a Christian, and/or a Muslim (presently & previously) I find it very alarming how much we are not taught, oblivious too & quite apathetic of. I'm no expert & am just beginning to find some grounding within these multiple faiths (those outside of my own) but one thing I am very certain of is in the very words of Jesus Himself I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. - John 14:6
Yesterday marked importance for not only the USA but for many other countries & individuals around the world interested in our country's politics, beliefs, & ways of doing things. The results -whether Republican or Democratic at present- would neither upset me nor encouraged me but rather leave me with the words of James 1:22 Do not merely listen to the word & so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. We must live to learn to honor God in everything.
How will those of us who proclaim Christianity work with/among the whole of America as a nation, its government & its people to live as Christ's hands & feet without tire of doing what is right
In the words of my Husband, CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!
ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE??
Remain blessed, BRJ
No comments:
Post a Comment