4 months ago now we moved to this new place. A place that seems less and less new with the more and more we adventure: Moon Township PA, the place we've grown to call home.
3 months ago I wrote different expressing how married life's molding for us out East along with how I had been reminded of the faith choices of my youth and encouraged by Hebrews 12 to keep my walk stride unswayed.
2 months ago I was juggling decisions in my work environment, something I was rather outspoken about. My Center Director is a Christian and asked me to keep the matter in prayer. Of course, I had not been neglecting the matter with my Heavenly Father at all. I had just not quite yet known where He was leading. I knew that He had given me an open door opportunity within this job that had not been there prior to my arrival. The Center was overstaffed and had no intention at the time of hiring. However my communication prior with the manager before our move had triggered an unusual interest on her side. She asked the Director to specifically meet with me. We met. I was given a tour. And hired pretty much on the spot by the manager. The fit was right. The timing was divine. Watching the hiring process since I know all the more that's the only explanation there is.
Something I realized in a different interview at the time was that I was that at heart I was definitely not looking for a career. By my speech I was for certain clear that I was looking for a job for the time being, a way to kick-start our move financially and in a sense a way of creating a beginning to our relationships and resources out East. Little did I know that what started so easily could get so fogged and uncertain overtime.
Just before Valentine's Day I declined an opportunity to potentially work with refugees and immigrants in downtown Pittsburgh, something that broke my heart to say no to at the time but something that taught me sacrificial love in the process. From that point forward I did my best to keep my head held high and to work with as much enthusiasm as I possibly could for at the time I knew God was not moving me to leave so all I could do was continue to give it all I got while I had the opportunity.
Galatians 6:9 says let us not become weary in doing good for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up (NIV). The New American Standard Bible states it as let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary.
About 1 month ago just after passing up another opportunity to interview elsewhere in a more social work related field, I was unexpectedly offered a position with my current employer that would change A LOT. I accepted. And I have been needing to step after step after step to change ever since. I am no longer responsible for my 5 young toddlers alone. I am also now responsible for overseeing the tasks of my previous (and still yet current) colleagues. I am responsible to for how 30 young toddlers are cared for by the 6+ other caregivers in their day to day educational play lives. And what I love most about this is not all the responsibility, believe it or not ;) What I joy in presently is the opportunity I have to coordinate communication among the staff, parents, and children. I have been recognized in the Center for my friendliness and shockingly positive spirit. I had also been labeled before being my being known by name as the church girl, the missionary, the Christian with tattoos...the list could go on religiously speaking.
What my desire is at present is not to change the direction or course I thought I was on in college, moving away from education and childcare to cross-cultural work with a Biblical foundation but instead to tune in with every step I take that will move me more where designed my purpose. I believe without a doubt that I am in an opportunity of a lifetime to love the children, staff, and parents I currently serve. I don't quite understand how to take the next step in loving them but I know there's one I need to be taking so I ask that you tune in with me. I know our God has made us what we are that in Christ Jesus God made us to do good works which God planned in advance for us to live our lives doing as stated in Ephesians 2:10 (New Century)
And that's exactly how I want to step forward to the beat of His design, a stepping that tunes myself and others to change to live as He created us to be!
I recently watched the Shunning and I want to end with a quote stated to a girl who was raised Amish and after recently discovering she was biologically English she was questioning her identity. One of the older women in her community told her this statement that I hope will too encourage you as it did me, No matter where God puts us its up to us how we choose to live.
~BRose Judd
*Recently very blessed by the song Who You Are by Unspoken, check 'em out!*
About Me
- bY fAiTh iN cHrIsT AlOnE
- God has a way of making our paths lead in directions we don't see or expect but yet are the best and right answers. Proverbs 19:21 says, "Many are the plans in a man's heart but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." Some times the shape of our life looks like it will be one thing, but it ends up another. Remember faith, hope, and love have a way of making everything work out for the best. 1 Corinthians 13:13 states, "And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love."
You truly are beautiful! My thoughts and prayers are often with you.
ReplyDeleteJust seeing this now, thanks wonderful. You're a lovely bunch of encouragement : ) speak with you more soon!
Delete