Something I mentioned in one of my previous posts was the need to look at work with a bit of a different perspective than what I was seeing take place around me. After being removed from and then returned to my previous surroundings I began to struggle with understanding how 'having a good work ethic' and 'doing all things for the glory of God' could go hand in hand
Why the struggle with this sort of matter? Well something I discovered rather quickly after returning to this community of mindsets was that of those I had left. Primarily speaking towards those labeling themselves as missionaries. And when I say that I mean it with more respect than what writing can portray. These children of God, known as missionaries, worked with HEART as "working for the Lord rather than for people"
Colossians 3:23 as stated in the New Living Translation says, "Work hard and cheerfully at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people."
--------------------------------------------
Why such a strong focus on the paycheck here? Sure we as human beings have needs financially but what about those needs not met by simply shooting for a full-time job that covers not just the bills but keeps the wants in mind too? And not to mention, leaves some room for savings. That's just a piece of what got me wrestling.
I want my lifestyle Stateside to reflect more that of what I will relate to that of a missionary. Not someone necessarily overseas, far away, or super exotic but someone in our own neighborhood who is simply responsive to following Christ...a missionary is what I like to call a full-time Christ follower, a Christian
--------------------------------------------
Recently I read over an AWANA question I responded to in my childhood. "Will you pray about becoming a full-time missionary when you grow up?" To which I responded, "yes I will trie to do it"
Will I try? Even when that means here at home and not countries away. Will I extend that sort of love and mirror of Christ "cheerfully" in the here and now even though circumstances can be less than the best?
"YES I WILL TRIE TO DO IT" in the here & now has been the cry of my heart in these last months & something I
appreciate your partnering with me through encouragement, prayer, patience, and understanding. Praise God for the last 5 months in Iowa. And for our parents, siblings, and those of the Body near & far walking with Josh and I through whatever lies before us day to day now until the time Josh too is Stateside.
Having not only my husband but also my best friend and closest confident away is more of a battle than what I often let on. Emotional attachments with loved ones are in need of renewal. Some moved away, priorities have shifted in others, VERY REAL NEEDS exist regardless of the changes within & outside of myself both physically, emotionally, mentally, and financially with new & growing seasons
*God let us remain in tune and on track with the tasks you put before us, always ready with a HEART & LIFE response of "Here am I! Send me!" (Isaiah 6:8)
Let us together "be the change we wish to see in the world" (Gandhi) whether on quote Skype, Facebook, google or youtube..at home, work, school, or play..together we will "trie to do it" full-time "cheerfully..for the Lord"
~ BRJ
About Me
- bY fAiTh iN cHrIsT AlOnE
- God has a way of making our paths lead in directions we don't see or expect but yet are the best and right answers. Proverbs 19:21 says, "Many are the plans in a man's heart but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." Some times the shape of our life looks like it will be one thing, but it ends up another. Remember faith, hope, and love have a way of making everything work out for the best. 1 Corinthians 13:13 states, "And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love."
No comments:
Post a Comment