About Me

God has a way of making our paths lead in directions we don't see or expect but yet are the best and right answers. Proverbs 19:21 says, "Many are the plans in a man's heart but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." Some times the shape of our life looks like it will be one thing, but it ends up another. Remember faith, hope, and love have a way of making everything work out for the best. 1 Corinthians 13:13 states, "And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love."

Thursday, July 19, 2012

let.it.begin.with.me*

Near every time I make the motion to finally piece together some words to share I find myself writing and writing, whether tear filled and/or joy abundant, reading and more reading for those eager bellies out there! And to that I say a large THANK YOU to each that despite the length still keep on!


For this I pray true for both writers and readers from Colossians 1:17 that whatever we do, whether in word or deed, we do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

I have been facing a twist in what I will call the working heart of man.  I stamp what I witnessed and worked alongside with International missionary partners in joining the Nationals, fully enriched and readily available spirits of ambition, minds for change, and hearts with ambition! And then to unravel SOME so different Stateside? Myself included at times. Let it be more than 'just a job' or something that 'pays', please! Learning how to live with a work ethic that screams the blood stains and character of Christ regardless of placement is my challenge presently :)

Moving beyond my own personal call to action and stepping on the mission report plate...I had the joy of witnessing two young children add to my testimonies by declaring the religious freedoms we have to practice Stateside that those around the world do not all experience while sharing with a local summer school program. What a marvel to see minds stumped as ears expanded with the realities expressed not only from my own mouth but those added from the crowd as well. Praise God for teachable childlike hearts!

Along with that while at HOME: House of Missions and Equipping I was blessed to have a much more ethnically diverse audience than expected as friends and peers from Dordt joined some of those from my previous Harp and Bowl "family" in Sioux Center! Definitely brought to light how each uniquely and wonderfully made nationality brings forward very specific and clearly important experiences, insights, and truths that when put together intensify our human understanding of the Body of Christ. We praise God for that and the availability of the building for this use!

So here I sit nearing 4 months Stateside with numerous one-on-one conversations, several public sharing times, quite a lot of lifestyle changes having gone from living rather African and missionary to Stateside settled and unsettled, wrestling and running...pressing on and fighting the good fight. Witnessing and supporting individual brothers and sisters in Christ branch out into 'the ends of the earth', hearing personal testimonies of the wonders of eternity [Heaven is for Real, the Burpos], and seeing how one searching step leads to another found, another seasoned, another worn, another drowned...


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"So if you think that you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall!  1 Cor. 10:12
"Hatred stirs up strife but love covers all offenses." Proverbs 10:12
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Praise the Lord for the what we had to share with our De Kam nieces and nephew visiting over the 4th as I got face to face time and Skype tied Josh right in with us! And I ask a special anointed blessing over our parents and siblings as our lives continue to take on new and different shapes and molds. Stand in the gap with us as Josh and I celebrate 2 months married and a month and enough physically apart! Praise God for the diligence within our hearts together in giving thanks to the Father for today and seeking bright hope for tomorrow! We proclaim His goodness and might over the lives of our loved ones as well as the courage and strength to press on regardless of the trying or delighting times...

Slow me down Lord, I am going too fast; I can't see my brother when he's walking past. I miss a lot of good things day by day; I don't know a blessing when it comes my way. - Brother John G. Ottis


News from my contacts on the Nigerian field: security curfews increase overall residents safety yet strong tensions remain prevalent on Sundays especially. REQUEST for strength, wisdom, and endurance in the hearts, minds, and lives of the Saved. And that through this season the Lost would come to know and understand the saving grace as well as character and likeness of Christ.


Closing with this in mind, Jesus Friend of Sinners by Casting Crowns ~ BRose Judd

Jesus, friend of sinners, we have strayed so far away
We cut down people in your name but the sword was never ours to swing
Jesus, friend of sinners, the truth's become so hard to see
The world is on their way to You but they're tripping over me
Always looking around but never looking up I'm so double minded
A plank eyed saint with dirty hands and a heart divided

Jesus, friend of sinners, the one who's writing in the sand
Made the righteous turn away and the stones fall from their hands
Help us to remember we are all the least of these
Let the memory of Your mercy bring Your people to their knees
Nobody knows what we're for only what we're against when we judge the wounded
What if we put down our signs crossed over the lines and loved like You did


You love every lost cause; you reach for the outcast
For the leper and the lame; they're the reason that You came
Lord I was that lost cause and I was the outcast
But you died for sinners just like me, a grateful leper at Your feet


'Cause You are good, You are good and Your love endures forever
You are good, You are good and Your love endures forever
You are good, You are good and Your love endures forever
You are good, You are good and Your love endures forever

Oh Jesus, friend of sinners
Open our eyes to world at the end of our pointing fingers
Let our hearts be led by mercy
Help us reach with open hearts and open doors
Oh Jesus, friend of sinners, break our hearts for what breaks Yours

No comments:

Post a Comment