"Praise the Lord, Hallelujah! Praise the Lord, Amen!" -My most recent thought processes, obviously influenced just a tinge bit by the Nigerian way of prayerful exclamation!
Staff development last week was a beauty, something that is definitely to be thanking God over. A preacher from the community shared with us the importance of operating out of obedience. He shared from Exodus 15:22-26 and emphasized our need not to grumble over matters of crisis but to remain constant and faithful in trusting that God's got everything under control. He also spoke of our need to seek out the Lord diligently, reminding us of how steadfast our Father is in revealing Himself. And lastly he ended with a time of prayer in which I cannot even begin to explain to you how evident the Spirit's presence was to me...I will end by saying that a "word picture" he shared from the depths of what I believe to be not just his heart but our Savior's as well was near identical to one a dear spiritual father expressed solely for me at my prayer send-off back in August: a simple yet deep reminder to me of God's sufficient watch over us His sheep...
Along with feeling quite moved in that one came the journey back to work today AND what do you know? The hustle bustle of traffic flow! The streets are beginning to look a bit more normal and the wahahlala (my new favorite word for 'trouble') seems to be on the down low. Praise the Lord that after a rather quiet week past of playing mainly with the staff's children (oh how I miss my daycare kids...!), students are slowing beginning to resume. I was even able to teach a class of four on Romans 3:23 "for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God" and then yet read with two of my reading clinic students.
Another joy came from a visit to a neighboring village community with the Mission Africa short-term coordinator. As she and a friend worked in a speech therapy session, I had the honors of teaching the classic 'red light, green light' to about a half a dozen boys. Not so certain the rules will stick all that correctly but none the less it seemed to be a keeper!
We haven't quite gotten back into the swing of things as far as our children's choir goes...it's been postponed until the following week thanks to meetings and adjustments with the schedule due to our 'snow' days :) But here are a few lyrics from our past performance that are more than worth sharing! "He's changing me. My precious Jesus. I am not the same person that I used to be. Sometimes its slow going, but there's a knowing that someday perfect I will be. Little by little...since I had that turnabout faith, I've been growing in His grace. Jesus is changing me..."
The move to our current housing arrangement went over slick. Thankfully Rosie (my housemate) and I have learned rather quickly how to both manage our time together and motivate one another so we didn't have to hold up Lynsey our efficient friend and driver too long! We're pretty well nestled into our cozy little guesthouse now and will be here until we get the final go to move just down the hall to an even more homey place, our final destination before our flights out the 1st (mine) and 2nd (Rosie's) of April.
Lastly an extra special thanks to those who were involved in sending up prayers, finances, or packaging together school supplies! Not only were Levels 3, 4, 5, and 6 and the Reading Clinic overly joyed and blessed, even the widow's I am teaching got a taste of your gracious giving :D
"If you listen carefully to the voice of the Lord Your God and do what is right in His eyes, if you pay attention to His commands and keep all His decrees..."
Prayerfully read on in Exodus 15:22-26. Father let Your life sustaining Living Water refresh all that is to come as You pave a mighty pathway in 2012. And keep us ready and willing for the ride! AMEN.
-Beth Rose
Praises:
~Understanding within my work, mission, and supporting community with my time frame here.
~Perfect alignment of my return flight with my working center's first quarter.
~A return to normal within the work force.
~School supplies distribution.
~Continuous heartfelt support, encouragement, and love from friends and Christian family.
Requests:
~Complete, efficient, and effective finishing touches here within ministries and outside relationships.
~Sunday worship as my previous option has not been as wise or available in recent weeks.
~Endurance for loved ones in their present circumstances.
~Setting dates for the future related to work, ministry, marriage, and even the smallest of appointments.
THE LATEST: I am currently waiting to finalize a time to interview for a non-denominational summer camp "behavior mentor/advocate" position in Ohio. Please pray that whether or not this is the answer that I continue to trust and follow and that He takes care of the opening and closing of doors. Also that Josh and I would remain constant and true to His timing in our relationship endeavors!
Staff development last week was a beauty, something that is definitely to be thanking God over. A preacher from the community shared with us the importance of operating out of obedience. He shared from Exodus 15:22-26 and emphasized our need not to grumble over matters of crisis but to remain constant and faithful in trusting that God's got everything under control. He also spoke of our need to seek out the Lord diligently, reminding us of how steadfast our Father is in revealing Himself. And lastly he ended with a time of prayer in which I cannot even begin to explain to you how evident the Spirit's presence was to me...I will end by saying that a "word picture" he shared from the depths of what I believe to be not just his heart but our Savior's as well was near identical to one a dear spiritual father expressed solely for me at my prayer send-off back in August: a simple yet deep reminder to me of God's sufficient watch over us His sheep...
Along with feeling quite moved in that one came the journey back to work today AND what do you know? The hustle bustle of traffic flow! The streets are beginning to look a bit more normal and the wahahlala (my new favorite word for 'trouble') seems to be on the down low. Praise the Lord that after a rather quiet week past of playing mainly with the staff's children (oh how I miss my daycare kids...!), students are slowing beginning to resume. I was even able to teach a class of four on Romans 3:23 "for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God" and then yet read with two of my reading clinic students.
Another joy came from a visit to a neighboring village community with the Mission Africa short-term coordinator. As she and a friend worked in a speech therapy session, I had the honors of teaching the classic 'red light, green light' to about a half a dozen boys. Not so certain the rules will stick all that correctly but none the less it seemed to be a keeper!
We haven't quite gotten back into the swing of things as far as our children's choir goes...it's been postponed until the following week thanks to meetings and adjustments with the schedule due to our 'snow' days :) But here are a few lyrics from our past performance that are more than worth sharing! "He's changing me. My precious Jesus. I am not the same person that I used to be. Sometimes its slow going, but there's a knowing that someday perfect I will be. Little by little...since I had that turnabout faith, I've been growing in His grace. Jesus is changing me..."
The move to our current housing arrangement went over slick. Thankfully Rosie (my housemate) and I have learned rather quickly how to both manage our time together and motivate one another so we didn't have to hold up Lynsey our efficient friend and driver too long! We're pretty well nestled into our cozy little guesthouse now and will be here until we get the final go to move just down the hall to an even more homey place, our final destination before our flights out the 1st (mine) and 2nd (Rosie's) of April.
Lastly an extra special thanks to those who were involved in sending up prayers, finances, or packaging together school supplies! Not only were Levels 3, 4, 5, and 6 and the Reading Clinic overly joyed and blessed, even the widow's I am teaching got a taste of your gracious giving :D
"If you listen carefully to the voice of the Lord Your God and do what is right in His eyes, if you pay attention to His commands and keep all His decrees..."
Prayerfully read on in Exodus 15:22-26. Father let Your life sustaining Living Water refresh all that is to come as You pave a mighty pathway in 2012. And keep us ready and willing for the ride! AMEN.
-Beth Rose
Praises:
~Understanding within my work, mission, and supporting community with my time frame here.
~Perfect alignment of my return flight with my working center's first quarter.
~A return to normal within the work force.
~School supplies distribution.
~Continuous heartfelt support, encouragement, and love from friends and Christian family.
Requests:
~Complete, efficient, and effective finishing touches here within ministries and outside relationships.
~Sunday worship as my previous option has not been as wise or available in recent weeks.
~Endurance for loved ones in their present circumstances.
~Setting dates for the future related to work, ministry, marriage, and even the smallest of appointments.
THE LATEST: I am currently waiting to finalize a time to interview for a non-denominational summer camp "behavior mentor/advocate" position in Ohio. Please pray that whether or not this is the answer that I continue to trust and follow and that He takes care of the opening and closing of doors. Also that Josh and I would remain constant and true to His timing in our relationship endeavors!
God made you oh so beautiful!
ReplyDelete