About Me

God has a way of making our paths lead in directions we don't see or expect but yet are the best and right answers. Proverbs 19:21 says, "Many are the plans in a man's heart but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." Some times the shape of our life looks like it will be one thing, but it ends up another. Remember faith, hope, and love have a way of making everything work out for the best. 1 Corinthians 13:13 states, "And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love."

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

tHe FiNaL cOuNtDoWn

In approximately 9 days, on the 1st of September, I will be landing in the capital of Nigeria! If all goes as planned I will be saying my last goodbye to this American nation next Wednesday, the 31st of August with plans of returning on May 25th of 2012, roughly 9 months from now.  


Once again every one of your prayers, support, and encouragement have been greatly appreciated.  Like I told someone recently if it weren't for the Heavenly Father's marvelous way of making His plans and steps known I most definitely would not be taking this step.  One of His clearest ways of giving me direction has been through refreshing conversations with so many of you as well as song lyrics and Scripture passages that have been shared at just the right time.  An example of such, "Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today." - Matthew 6:34



Financially confirmation has been an added blessing.  Of my $11,567 goal, $8,511.60 has been paid upfront thus far (not including pledges).  What a joy to know that others too see the need for my partnership with the Body of Christ in Jos, Nigeria! 


On the home-front :: now that college classes have begun for my two younger siblings, my parents nearly have the house to themselves.  As soon as I fly out, the nest will be empty! Not only a joyous time but also frightening, I can only imagine.  My older brother is said to be deployed by the beginning of next year leaving his wife, my two nieces, and nephew to the journeys of Alaskan life 'alone'...I mention this in that God has strategically fashioned me in this biological family for a reason and I would hate to ignore their specific needs with not only my own but their changing seasons as well.  So any of you curious as to how else you can get involved in partnering with me, PRAY for them just as you would for me!


A couple of praises that are absolute musts to mention are that I was able to not just attend by stand up for my life-long friend Krista Stump (of Rock Rapids) as she was wed to Ross Polla (of Garvin, MN) on Saturday August 20th.  Please join with me in praying for them as they learn to love one another, that their model would be none other than the Father Himself.  


The other shout of exclamation being for the Lord's pure goodness in His moment by moment faithfulness of conquering the pain of my physical and emotional weariness with the joy and abundance of the Holy Spirit.  John 14:16 states, "And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, who will never leave you."  The beauty of that being in that we have access to this Advocate, the Spirit of the Living God, through Jesus Himself. I praise God for the way He has reminded me of His abundance of life by the prayerful commitments so many of you have made with me. THANKS can not be said enough!


In Him, 
Beth Rose De Kam 


~ Abba Daddy, astound us in bearing Your fruit [spoken of in Galatians 5] upon & within our lives.  That Your love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, faithfulness, goodness, and self-control (beyond the knowledge and comprehension of men) would be made evident in and through each and every last one of these steps and stages of our earthly lives. 


To join my monthly newsletter list, contact me at bdekam@crcnapartners.org
To partner financially, donate online at http://www.crcna.org/pages/crwm_donate_online.cfm

No comments:

Post a Comment