About Me

God has a way of making our paths lead in directions we don't see or expect but yet are the best and right answers. Proverbs 19:21 says, "Many are the plans in a man's heart but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." Some times the shape of our life looks like it will be one thing, but it ends up another. Remember faith, hope, and love have a way of making everything work out for the best. 1 Corinthians 13:13 states, "And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love."

Friday, June 28, 2013

the Weight

The past month has left me with more time than I would have delegated myself had I been the one to control my time frame. Between the job change and the time after our parents visit, time has represented something a bit different than I would have expected.  Time has held a weight quite different than I would have ever accepted.

When time has been filled with work routines, hours set, and schedules allotted it has been easy to pick up the pace and run with the time. But when time stops. When time sits. And schedules are no longer dependable. The weight begins. And that weight for me has involved anything from joy and praise to concern and control over what's seemed like endless mourning. 

Jesus said "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke fits perfectly, and the burden I give you is light." [Matthew 11:28-30]

Broken down "Come to me," focuses the weight.  
Broken down "all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens" involves the one weighting.
Broken down "and I will give you rest" drops the weight from the hands of the weighting. 
Broken down "Take my yoke upon you." restores the appearance of the weight. 
Broken down "Let me teach you," puts the purpose in the weight. 
Broken down "because I am humble and gentle," models the Teacher weighting on my behalf.
Broken down "and you fill find rest for your souls." My weight is broken down. I am at rest.
Broken down "For my yoke fits perfectly" His ways conquers my weights.  
Broken down "and the burden I give you is light" I receive a weight that is bearable. 

Dear friends, praise God the lightened weight of my arthritis pain. Praise God for the heightened attention on our personal identity and purpose in Jesus Christ. Praise our God for our Father's intricate design and weave within each of us that moves from the in out and renews the in again. Praise God for the comfort, understanding, and bold inspiration shared by those specific family friend loved ones that have been right beside me in the time of weight. And praise God for the renewing of my mind, may it continue forevermore. God bless this journey as He guides the route that steps out and empties our weight from within. AMEN

"Why not breathe Biblical truth in a way that gives it the life God spoke it to!" - BRoseJudd


"I'm torn between two desires: Sometimes I want to live, and sometimes I long to go and be with Christ. That would be far better for me, but it is better for you that I live." [Philippians 1]

No comments:

Post a Comment