Now that I have been serving, learning, and living alongside our world mission partners here for roughly four weeks I am glad to be able to share with you that I have in fact been successful at building some well-rounded working relationships. One conversation that I praise God for endlessly testifies to that. This last week I did my best to prayerfully respond to a matter of conflict in teaching/disciplinary style. To my surprise God shed His light more on the confrontation than I could have expected. The response I got was along the lines of this "Beth, every time you speak its like the voice of God talking to me...its a good thing, God sends messengers, you know? And everything you have said is very true so I know its from Him." I nearly burst into tears of joy, God definitely has a way of turning our mourning into dancing and shedding His light into the dark points of ministry and reminding us its all about Him and His ways rather than our own. And to follow up on the comment, there was even fruit produced to prove that the speaker acted upon what had been shared and claimed by the recipient as "a word from the Lord" :)
Hugs, smiles, and laughter provide a pathway of endearment into the hearts of children and gradually step by step into the writing, walking, and speaking of those here. Observing and guiding the diligence of some of these children in counting, drawing, or tracing has warmed yet burdened my heart for that same sort of perseverance in my own treacherous handicaps. Initiating games of ball or other gym like activities has been tiresome and yet wonderful to see how the kids have gradually begun to be more responsive towards working with each other as well as the university students that are doing practicums here. "Do as I do, don't worry" has become one of my favorites due to its random ability to express your very own dance style!
Songs from back home combined with some of their own have also been a great way to get the kids alert and enthusiastic in and outside of the classroom. Did you know "head and shoulders, knees and toes" can actually be sung "my head, my shoulders, my knees, my toes...they all belong to Jesus"? I love their twist to it! Same thing with "if you are happy and you know it", try adding the phrase "just smile" along with your hands on your hips and a bit of a body jerk...how great is that! Another that I have adjusted a wee bit from the daycare is "(name, name) how are you? You're my friend and GOD loves you!" instead of "I love", a great way to get some good medicine to the soul: a heart full of cheer [Proverbs 17:22]
An area of concern is the strong spirit of religion here, what we might call "Sunday Christians" back home. No matter the faith, the inaccurate practice of its 'by name' so-called followers doesn't assist to better already-complex matters of discord. Although a praise is that the streets have been quiet the last couple of weeks here in the city, the notice of another death here or there in the village outskirts doesn't bring any more warmth to the already grieving persons I have met. Pray that [John 15:26-17] the Spirit of Truth who goes out from the Father would give those who know Him no other option but to testify of His nature and that that Counselor He has left us would be the source of hope that fills us completely with joy and peace because of our trust in Him [Romans 15:13]
Lies and deception from the media, role models, and peers alike have become just a portion of my largest irritation in living here but extend to every portion of this life...no matter the location. One of our higher level students had a lengthy conversation the other day with a university student and myself as we tried to nearly pry our way into what we saw as his absurd, non-proportional way of perceiving the quality of life. His comments sickened both the uni-student and myself to realize that this kid had not questioned the owning of these thoughts as his merely because "this is the way its always been so of course its the way it is"; pray against the spirit of condemnation and for the replacement of conviction which moves people to follow rather than run or withdraw from the loving arms of our Savior
Weekly I have been joining a Nigerian family to what so happens to be a Baptist church and Sunday school hour where we have spoken much about the way our Creator Father reveals Himself to us and provides us with the power to witness how Scripture holds "living words to pass along". Along with that I have joined and even had the joy of inviting two other young missionary girls into Bible Study Fellowship which is actually a discipleship group worldwide. The book of Acts is our topic of discussion which has inspired me to see more with spiritual eyes and live more by eternal confidence that's committed in both body, mind and spirit so that not even my heart shall turn back from the tasks He has set before me
Yes I realize this has gotten long but due to what I call "the organized chaos of my life" I figured now is better than never and this Internet site is willing to cooperate with me for the time being so I sure as better take advantage of that! May you be blessed and enjoy every moment of your reading and even commenting or responding to what's been said
Another extended arm of gratitude for all the loving, encouraging, prayerful gestures no matter the size that so many of you have given me over the last month. And along with that a continuation of pleading on behalf of those of you experiencing the 'worst of worst' due to crisis circumstances back home, may the Lord better firmen Your foundation during this season and keep on giving you reasons to "smile in the trials" as I would say from the words of James 1
In His care, BRose
.............
Graciously You the Father have reminded me how we as Your creation must challenge the thinking that many of us around the world live by; rather than the idea that “God helps those who help themselves” what if we took on more of a lifestyle that displays that “God helps those that depend on Him”? Lord we are all guilty of “stumbling at one point” and therefore "guilty of all" [James 2:10] and without one doubt must not only recognize but respond to that fact. So make the words of Audio Adrenaline our very own, "Jesus walked out on the water, Peter trusted and he wanted to go farther so he stepped out on the sea...if I keep my eyes on Jesus I can walk on water...step where He steps and goes where He goes, side by side when the sea billows roll..I will be alright" (Walk on Water)
Create in us a pure heart oh God and renew a steadfast spirit within us [Psalm 51:10]. Enable us to ask "what then shall we do?" as did Your disciples whom we read about in Acts. Thank You for knowing how much we can handle and not giving us even a tread more. And remind us oh Lord who we are in times when we step outside of Your agenda and walk out on our own, drowning in our self-created plans and appointments. Swarm our conversations with soul enriching talk, mindful of what sort of nourishment we are providing our overflow/outflow. And Abba Daddy imprint on us the attitude that although 'it' might not be easy, 'it' will be worth it.....let us live in such a way that others know without one doubt that we are saved and namely Yours as to extend the eternal gift daily [Acts 2:47]
AMEN, Your Will be DONE on Earth as it is in Heaven :)
No comments:
Post a Comment